Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lier!



I stumbled across THIS article on Yahoo. Its a where are they now about James Frey, Stephen Glass and Jayson Blair. In case you are not aware of who these two men are, James Frey wrote "A Million Little Pieces", Stephen Glass was a writer for the New Republic and Jayson Blair wrote for The New York Times. Blair and Glass were caught fabricating stories and were both fired.

Have you read "A Million Little Pieces"? If not I HIGHLY recommend it. (I also love to read/watch stuff on addiction, dont ask me why). But his book was labeled as a memoir, detailing his path to recovery. He took a slightly different one then AA. After being on Oprah, it came out that he embellished some details in the book and changed the characters some. People were OUTRAGED and wanted their money back. This bugs me! Its a GREAT book. Frey really did get clean and had a story to share. It turns out the parts that were embellished were how much trouble w/ the law he really was in (who cares!) and of course you are going to have to change some of the characters. I am sure most people would not be comfortable with their recovery out there like he was.

Why am I venting on here about this, well in the article they put Frey in the same category as Blair and Glass and I am soo pissed about that. Frey did not write for a major publication, he wrote his own story. Plus he did not create stories out of the blue, its a true story.

If you have not read the book, again I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment