Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Duggars


I was inspired to blog about the Duggar family today thanks to Olivia at Her Noble Character. Her blog is very interesting, check it out. 

Most know the Duggar family as the crazy family with way to many kids. I see them as a loving family who happens to have 19 kids. Whats wrong with that? Most people I know think they are crazy. Here are my thoughts on the Duggar family. 

  • Michelle and Jim Bob obviously have a very strong marriage. They have 19 kids and still find time for each other. A lot of parents with only 2 kids can barely say that. 
  • They are debt free and very self reliant. If you watch the show, they have made money thanks to small business ventures.
  • They are 19 very well behaved kids. Not many parents can say that.
  • Michelle home schools all of the kids (not my cup of tea) but good for her! 
  • Both parents are so hand on, its great. 
  • I come from a big family (lots of cousins) and love it. I am glad that they get to experience that. 

Now I have no intentions of having 19 kids, but I can understand their reasoning and will continue to stand up for them. I really want to pick up this book, looks really interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment