Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Michael and I

I figured I would give a little bit about me and my wonderful fiance.

His name is Michael, he is 29 (or as he puts it...almost 30) He is pretty pathetic about the whole turning 30 thing. Its adorable really. He is a grad student here in Atlanta. He is working toward his MBA and wants to work ideally in hockey. He grew up in a REALLY small town in the mountains in Pennsylvania. He loves sports, especially hockey and basketball. He also referees high school basketball. He loves it. He is great thinking on his feet and keeps my head straight. He is slightly type A, but a bit relaxed. He is the budget conscious, organized one which comes in really handy during the wedding planning process. He is great at helping me squash my unrational fears. He worked as an EMT and did a stint in school to become a nurse. He loves medicine. He is a great caring person who I love so much.

We met in January of 2008. We were both in a statics class and the only way I passed this stupid class was because of him. We started dating in March of 2008 after some very messy drama I had to deal with. I have nothing to hid, so I may post about that time, but I also may not to respect all the people involved. But I will think about it. We still cannot agree about when our official first date was. I just say the beginning of March. He took me to Savannah (one of my favorite cities) for spring break. We had a great time and we both love that city. He was my friend first and a great one at that and the relationship grew to what we have now.

Anyway, we have been inseperatable every since. We officially moved in together that spring and got engaged this July. We work as a great team. Sure we argue sometimes and drive each other crazy, but what couple doesn't.

We are getting married Oct. 9, 2011. We planned the wedding in about a month. We began the day after we got engaged. We had already discussed a lot of things, like a date. We knew we wanted to get married in the fall, I preferred October. The weather in Atlanta can be a little iffy, but October tends to be a mild month.  We found the perfect Orthodox church. (He is Russian Orthodox and I will be baptized a week before the wedding). We are really excited to bring our families together. We have great support from both sides of our families.

Overall, we are a great team and work well together. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment