Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

stop yelling in my ear

I have mentioned that my fiance Michael referees high school basketball. I try and go to as many games with him as possible, because they are fun to go to sometimes. Its fun to watch him, especially in a good game. This post will be mainly my venting about obnoxious basketball parents.

I do not know much about basketball, I went to my first game when I started dating Michael, so needless to say I do not know a lot of the rules, but I am learning. I can tell you my number one complaint about going to these high school games is the OBNOXIOUS parents who think they child is the best player and that they are the coach. The moms and dads who like to yell and coach from the sidelines test my patience. You are a grown adult and you heckle the other team from the stands? The stuff that get really gets my blood boiling is the making fun of or yelling at the referees. If you do not agree with their call fine, go become a referee and do it yourself, dont yell at them. The fans can get pretty mean.

If you child cant dribble, or run or shoot, guess what it is not a foul, your child just sucks! It is not the referees fault if your child is not good at basketball. And your child is not a perfect angel, they will foul other kids and sometimes they will do something stupid and get an intentional foul or T'ed up.

Get over it and stop yelling in my ear at the referees, coaches and players who cant hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment