Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Orthodox Easter

I survived my first Orthodox Easter. I have mentioned before that Michael is Russian Orthodox. We belong to a Greek Orthodox church here in the Atlanta area. Services are a mix of English and Greek so they can be hard to follow. The Goof Friday service was about 4 hours, but beautiful. We did not make it to the Easter service and I am still kicking myself. The service started at midnight and since Michael had to be at work by 6 am and I did not want to be out till about 4 or 5 am by myself.

They had photographers take some photos from Good Friday and the Easter services. For your viewing pleasure:

This is the alter at our church - we will be married here

Our priests in front of the tomb

the church alter on Easter

Good Friday - everyone had a candle, and the parking lot was lined w/ bags w/ names of the deceased, I had one made for my dad it was nice to see


Good Friday - isnt that beautiful!

Good Friday

our tomb

No comments:

Post a Comment