Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

this weeks grocery trip

This week I saved 50% of my bill at Kroger (thanks coupons!) People laugh at me, but then ask me how I do it. I am not even that good at it...yet!

This week I bought 4 newspapers (I buy them on Saturdays at my local Kroger). I cut the coupons on products I want/need and then do some online research for the best match ups. This weekend I went to Publix and Kroger.

Publix trip -


I didn't find to much at Publix this weekend, but here is what I found. They had Wacky Mac for sale for a dollar and I had coupons to get them for 50 cents each. They only had two bags left. I also had a manufacture and publix coupon (each a dollar off) the Kraft Big Slice cheese so I got that pack of cheese for a dollar! I would of left the store paying $2, but saw the black and white cookies (my stepdads favorite) so I had to get them for him for Fathers Day. 

My Kroger trip - 



I had a much better time at Kroger this weekend. The main reason I went (well besides it being my store of choice) was the 69 cent Powerades, plus I saw a coupon online that made it about 20 cents each so I bought 15 (Michael and I both play softball so it will be consumed). Just about everything I bought was with coupons. Here is the breakdown - 

Powerades - 15 at about 20 cents each. 
Peaches - $1 a pound 
Cup of noodles - on sale for 29 cents each (such an easy snack/lunch so why not!)
Frozen veggies - on sale for a dollar a piece, we needed some more veggies (wish I had a coupon!)
Pita bread - one sale for a dollar
Carefree pantyliners - I had a $1 off coupon and they were onsale for $1.09 - paid only .09 a piece!
Air freshener cones - (I actually like these!) plus they are always cheap and I had a buy two get one free coupon (they were on sale for a dollar a piece)
Speed Stick deodorant - on sale for a dollar a piece, found a dollar off coupon = free! Bought a couple for my brother and stepdad
Hair products - my Kroger had Garnier, Herbal Essences, and Aussie products onsale for about 2.50 a piece. I had a bunch of coupons for dollar off so I bought a couple things. You can never have enough shampoo/hair products! Plus $1.50 isnt too bad. 
Viola dinner - My Kroger had it on sale and had sent me a $1 off coupon. 

I spent $31 at Kroger this weekend and it will last Michael and I about 2 weeks. I may have to make a trip for some chicken though...

I LOVE couponing! I recommend checking out Southern Savers - thats my favorite go to for couponing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment