Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

I AM MARRIED! Part 1

We got hitched! October 9, 2011 was a wonderful day! Here is a recap of the day and some photos! I have some stories that will make good blog posts for the days leading up to it. The day of was perfect though.

I got up around 8 am to start getting ready...thankfully my mom had reserved a hotel room for me because I needed some quiet and alone time. I went down to the hotel room where 2 bridesmaids were staying, that is where we all got ready. I had 5 bridesmaids, myself, my mom, the makeup artiest and hair stylist and the random visitor all in one room. I did as a co-worker said I found a compfy chair in the corner and SAT all day watching everything happen around me.  We were all very calm and just watched Keeping up with the Kardhasians and Kendra all morning.

2:00 pm - after all 5 bridesmaids were ready to go they left to ride the trolley w/ Michael and the guys. My mom stayed back with me when I finished getting ready (and of course we were running a little late). My stepdad and I drove to the church together - he rented a town car for us to drive in :) a last minute decision...ill get into that in another post. 

4:00 pm - wedding started! It was a long ceremony (about an hour) because we are Orthodox Christians and had a traditional wedding ceremony, but I wouldnt change it for the world. During the ceremony I had to face the groomsmen and they kept making me laugh and at one point I almost caught on fire! HAHA....one of the guys assisting the priest had to stand behind us holding something and stepped on my veil and jerked my head back, which made me laugh so hard! My maid of honor fixed my veil, but forgot she was holding a candle....I could of went up in flames! haha

6:00 pm - RECEPTION! It was beautiful and more perfect then we thought. We were soo glad how everything turned out. We really had fun and didnt worry about anything.

Now - some photos!














No comments:

Post a Comment