Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First trip off the fall

This fall Michael and I are traveling a lot. Our first trip was a weekend in Philly for his cousin's wedding. They had it at a really cool old bank that is now an art gallery. Really pretty, very classy and modern wedding. We all had a lot of fun. We had a BUSY weekend.

Friday morning we flew up (got bumped to first class...yeah buddy!). We were staying at the Omni near the venue (really nice hotel), went to the Reading Terminal Marketing. If you have never been there is like a giant food court, but better. There are a bunch of Amish selling very tasty food. Then that night we went to the rehearsal dinner and enjoyed time with family. (I am horrible about not taking photos...sorry!)

Friday night Michael, his mom, and I did a walking ghost tour of Philly. I like to do one in every city we visit (and every time we go to Savannah). This one was more of a story telling tour (which they normally are) but the guy was an actor, but a paranormal investigator.  But since we were staying near Independence Hall and the older parts of Philly it was pretty interesting.

Saturday was the wedding - we took it easy during the day. Just did a lot of walking around with Michael parents then got ready for the wedding. Which was beautiful and we had fun dancing and killing my feet in heels.

Sunday we threw a baby shower for our best friends. I have mentioned Mike and Jess before - we are god parents to their daughter Kylee. They have a son due in January. His name is gonna be Carter (isnt that cute!). Anyway Jess's mom and I threw them a baby shower/picnic to get them some boy stuff. I didn't think it was gonna go well, but it did and everyone seemed happy so thats all that matters to me. 

Super bummed we never made it to the Edgar Allen Poe House in Philly...next time.

Here are some photos from the wedding I stole off Facebook...again I am HORRIBLE about taking photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment