Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

50 in 5 months

I have mentioned before about my upcoming wedding in October. This date is hanging over my head for weight loss. I do not want to be fat in my wedding pictures. I am currently at my heaviest (175 - YIKES!) My goal is to loose 50 lbs in the next 5 months.

I HATED the way I looked in our engagement photos

Looking back I looked great my senior year of high school/freshman year of college

My goal is to be like that again...I need to loose 50 lbs. I am 5'3 and a healthy weight for me should be around 125, thats the goal! 

Now how am I going to do this? I invested the best $10 of my life in the "Eat This Not That" book. Its great! I am a bad dieter, I cant do it. I have started cooking more at home, eating less junk food and I have started working out more. I joined two softball teams this year and will try and do something almost everyday. I will post my little successes here.

I am not doing this only for vanity (but it is a great motivator isnt it!) but I am also doing it for my health. Heart disease runs in my family. If I do not take care of myself it is pretty much guaranteed that I will have to have heart surgery. My dad passed away from heart complications, my mom has had a triple bypass and a couple scares. I do not want to be like this....

Lets hear it for no double chin on my wedding day and being able to look good in a bathing suit on my honeymoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment