Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

heated debate

I sparked a heated debate on my Facebook page today. While I eat lunch I like to read some of the headlines on Yahoo.com and if they are interesting I will post them on my Facebook. Well, today I posted this article about the Barefoot Contessa from The Food Network.

To recap the article is about the Barefoot Contessa turning down a child's Make-A-Wish two years in a row. The kid wanted to meet her and she said no. Since I studied news reporting/media in college I understand that not all articles are created equal. This article sparked a heated debate on my Facebook page. One friend said she wouldn't her stuff anymore, another friend agreed and another took her side. Of all the articles I post on my page, this one sparked the debate.

The two ladies who were against her also happen to be moms and the guy who stood up for her is a single man. Does this have to do with their arguments? I would think it does.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment