Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

menu planning

This week I have actually menu planned our meals. I am not the biggest cook, I am still learning. I usually consider cooking unfreezing something, or mixing something out of a box. I personally want to be a better provider for my family when it comes to cooking and cleaning (where is this coming from!)

Currently if I cook anything besides spaghetti or tacos Michael is impressed :) This week my goal was to menu plan and actually stick to it and not just go out to eat (we have to start saving some $$)

Here is my week of meals! All recipes found randomly online.

Mon - BBQ mac and cheese (first time making this, if its good I will post the recipe)

Tues - chili and cornbread (Tuesday are crazy for us, Michael has grad school classes and usually is not home until late so I have decided Tuesdays are slow cooker days so he can have a warm meal!)

Wed - slow cooker chicken and dumplings (we both have softball and church so another crazy busy night)

Thur - stuffed peppers

Fri - nothing planned, I am hanging with a good friend and well Michael is on his own :)

Sat/Sun - our weekends are usually planned on a whim, especially saturdays so one of these days I am going to make tortellini and sausage

I know, I am doing a bad job at the whole no meat during lent thing

I will let you know how this whole cooking thing goes and post recipes. Apparently this engagement ring I am wearing has magical domestic powers

No comments:

Post a Comment