Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

nervous nelly

I am having surgery tomorrow. Its weird to say, for some reason I have problems saying it out loud. Its outpatient, no big deal surgery, but I have never had surgery before. Never even taken a pill killer before, well besides a tablespoon of hydrocodone syrup on accident - thought it was the cough version...oops.

Tomorrow at 1 pm I will be having a fibroadenoma removed from my right breast. The doc says its noncancerous and no big deal, we didn't even have to remove it, but my regular doc said to do so just in case.

Here are my worries:

  1. I will not be put out fully and will be awake and can feel everything but no one will know. People will say its impossible, but they also say that about waking up in the middle of surgery and I know thats possible, Michael woke up when he was having his tonsils out. 
  2. I will be in lots of pain afterwards. I am a big baby.
  3. I have a REALLY sensitive stomach and terrible pill taker. I am afraid the pain killers are going to make me sick to my stomach and be impossible to swallow. 

I am a giant worry wort. Prob a good thing I am not suppose to eat/drink anything after midnight since I will be to nervous to do so anyway. Michael has been really sweet about this whole thing. He just called me asking if I will need anything for when we come home tomorrow (like ginger ale or soup), he has also planned that after our softball games tonight we will go and stuff our faces so I wont be hungry first thing in the morning :) Oh yeah and my surgery is not till 1, I will be STARVING! 

Anyway...wish me luck, pray that my surgeon does a good job and my healing will not be too painful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment