Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good Bye 2011 - hello 2012!

This New Years Michael and I are laying low. Poor guy has been really sick the past couple days and has to be at work at 6 am tomorrow morning anyway. I actually spent today shopping and reading. Finished the first Hunger Games book and I am in love! Picking up the next two tomorrow.

2011 was a decent year for me. Heres to hoping that 2012 is an even better year. Here is a recap of my year!

January:
Spent New Years at home relaxing with my then fiance. We traveled to Pa as we do every Jan for the Orthodox Christmas. We got stuck in the Philly airport while Atlanta got hit with a horrible ice storm that trapped people in their homes for a week. I also turned 24. Michael also began his MBA program.

February:
Nothing stands out too important. Michael did send me flowers at work for Valentines day :)

March:
Softball started. Michael and I both play in multiple softball leagues. We continued to plan for the wedding. Nothing really stands out, we both just worked a lot.

April:
More wedding planning!

May:
Hot Atlanta weather kicked in! This summer was brutal. I felt like we did something for Memorial Day, but I dont remember.

June:
Michael turned 30! We traveled to Pa for a bridal shower the weekend of his birthday. I planned a surprise party for him while we were up there. With the help of his sister, parents and good friends. My parents traveled up there with us. They stayed at a bed and breakfast in a nearby cute town that resembles Savannah. They really enjoyed it.

July: 
Our busy summer continued. My mom and I traveled to Chicago for another bridal shower. My wonderful cousin (well kinda - our moms are cousins) threw the party for me :) We went 4th of July weekend, which is also my moms birthday. Michael and I continued to wrap up plans for the wedding.

August: 
This was a really busy month! I was super busy at work and wedding planning. We back to Pa for Michael's cousins wedding. We had a blast. We took a long weekend trip. At the end of the month my parents threw us a couples shower.

September: 
The beginning of the month was very busy! I got to travel for work for the first time :) I went to Houston for work then flew from Houston to Indy for my cousins wedding. Had a good time seeing my side of the family. I love traveling to Indy. There is something about my aunts house that is so welcoming. Its my dream house. At the end of the month Mike and Jess (our best man and matron of honor) came in town to help us prepare for the wedding. We had a great time showing them Atlanta. Plus it was great to be able to talk to Jess who has been married for a couple years.

October:
We got married! It was a crazy beginning of the month. We went on our honeymoon in the middle of the month. We did a cruise out of Puerto Rico. We liked out ports of call, but the cruise was only ok. I wouldnt recommend Puerto Rico, but one of our stops, Barbados was absolutely beautiful! I would 100% go back. We got to snorkle (my first time) and swim with turtles. Poor Michael had a slight cold and was all stuffy and couldnt snorkle well.

November: 
Had our first married Thanksgiving. Which is exactly the same as our past thanksgivings :) We have just been working and relaxing trying to recoop from the wedding madness.

December:
I got our house ready for Christmas and have been working like crazy! Michael has been referring a lot of basketball games. He referrers high school basketball.

In 2012 we have lots of plans and I cannot wait to see what the year holds. Lets hope the Mayan calendar is wrong, because I am really excited for the next year. My overall goal is to be a better person overall. Stop being lazy and really take care of myself and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment