Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What I learned as a bride

There is a LOT you learn as a bride. No one tells you or shall I say warn you before you begin. I think other brides are sitting back laughing at you while you figure the nightmare out. Here is what I learned while being a bride:

1. You will have sympathy for the ladies on Brideszillas. You will begin to understand why they are freaking out. Plus a camera in your face the WEEK of your wedding.  Now some are downright awful, but some...well I get it ladies...its ok!

2. Vendors will expect you to know everything and act like you've done this before. That was the most frustrating part. I have NEVER planned a wedding before...I was not a bride in a past life. 

3. You MUST have a coordinator day of. There is WAY to many moving parts even in the simplest wedding to do it yourself. All the planning before hand...sure do it all yourself. But day of...hire someone! Or like me have a great boss who loves to do weddings as a hobby.

4. You will have a meltdown at some point. Something will push you over the edge because you are being pulled in a thousand directions.

5. Do EVERYTHING early. This is where my groom came in. I always do things last minute (who doesnt love working under pressure). He made me sit down and do stuff early and man am I glad he did!

6. Sometimes you just need to say Fuck It! You can't hand make everything and not everything will get done. Some things will be forgotten or need to be purchased last minute. Just hand over the credit card and say fuck it.

7. You can set a budget, but you will go over. We did, but not too bad.

8. Pay for it yourself if you can. No one can give their two cents (they will want to though) when you are paying for it. Plus its a good excuse to say no.

9. Watch the guest list. We did ours in 2 rounds. Round 1 - family. Both of our families and extended families live out of town so we did the invites of people you have to invite. 2nd round was local friends who would understand if you couldnt invite them bc of family.

10. You can't do everything yourself. Let people help. That was the hardest for me.


11. Don't go overboard. Its ONE day! At the beginning think of what you will not scrimp on (food, flowers?) and think of other things that are not that important to you (chair covers, center pieces, etc). Think of what you remember from other peoples weddings...you wont remember the little things.

12. Your groom is your partner! And after the wedding you still have to face him and your family. Treat them with respect, they are also stressing.

13. You love him, but you will freak out and get nervous the week or day of. It WILL hit you. Michaels was caught on tape! haha You will feel much better afterwards.

14. Get use to being the center of attention. UUH! hardest for me. I had 3 showers - again they are all there for YOU as a bride....no one cares about the groom at showers.

I enjoyed my wedding, but good lord I wont go through that again! And we didnt even have a big wedding. Remember as a bride to breath and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment