Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trip to a small town

I know...I havn't posted in a couple days...I was in Pennsylvania all last week and just got back on Sunday. My husbands whole family lives up there. He grew up in a TINY town in the Poconos Mountains. It really is a beautiful place to visit and relax. I really love to visit there, only problem is I may possibly be allergic to my in-laws house. Couple weeks ago I went to an allergist and had an allergy test done and found out I am allergic to 2 things, some grasses and mold. His parents live in an old house, that most likely has some mold in it. I get REALLY sick every time I go there. This time I came armed w/ nasal spray, allergy meds, and my own pillow. And it worked!! I only got a small sore throat...thats it!

Here is a recap of our visit:

Wednesday - Michael and I left at 4 am from Ga and drove to Pa w/ our two dogs. We have a male and a female westie. Usually Bailey (our female) is our crazy, hyper in your face dog. Well apparently she likes long car rides. We was really good and only whined at the beginning of the trip because I made both of them stay in the backseat. They LOVE to snuggle and were not happy to stay in the back. Malibu (our male dog) is usually our more relaxed dog and he flys well. Apparently he doesnt like long car rides. He whined most of the ride. After our 12 hour drive we got to Pa around 4:30 pm. Relaxed some and then met up with some friends for dinner. We got to see our goddaughter and spoil her w/ Christmas presents. Sad we only got to see friends for that night.

Thursday - My sister-in-law had to go to Allentown for some college testing (she is a education major). Michael and I tagged along and went shopping at the mall. That night we went to his old high school to watch some basketball.

Friday - Orthodox Christmas eve. aka Holy Supper. About 60 something people gathered at his great aunts house for dinner. I am not a big fan of the food, but love the company. We also do a big white elephant exchange. I ended up walking away with some new Christmas decorations someone didnt want.

Saturday - Christmas and my 25th birthday! We went to church then to Micheal's great uncle for lunch and more family time. That night they threw me a small surprise party w/ his aunt, uncle, parents, grandma and neighbor. It was really fun to relax and get to know them a little better.

Sunday - Michael and I left Pa around 8 am and headed back to Ga. Nothing too exciting there.

I am horrible about taking pictures, especially on trips. But here are a few I took with my phone:

 Pups on the drive up
 On our way to church...going down to the hill to the next town. Usually everything is covered in snow. No snow this trip.

Michael and Bailey relaxing on the couch

No snow, but there was ice on the side of a mountain in Pa. 

Chilling in the sun on the way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment